The answers must be in your own words with reference to the journal or book where you found the evidence to your answer. Do not copy-paste or use past students’ work as all files submitted in this course are registered and saved in turn it in the program.
Answers must be scholarly and be 3-4 sentences in length with rationale and explanation. No Straight forward / Simple answer will be accepted.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Turn it in Score must be less than 25 % or will not be accepted for credit, must be your own work and in your own words. You can resubmit, Final submission will be accepted if less than 25 %. Copy paste from websites or textbooks will not be accepted or tolerated. Please see College Handbook with reference to Academic Misconduct Statement.
All answers to case studies must have reference cited in the text for each answer and a minimum of 2 Scholarly References (Journals, books) (No websites) per case Study
Case Study 1
Mr. JS presents today to your office for a follow up appointment after a BP reading at home of 166/95 last week. He is a 52 y/o male with a PMH of HTN and Angina secondary to CAD, which is well controlled, experiencing less than 1 attack per month. On today examination, MR JS’s vital signs are as follows: Temperature: 96.8º Heart Rate: 68 bpm Blood Pressure: 168/92 Respiration: 14 Ox Sat: 95% at room air Pain: denies pain. Labs: Last LDL on records (6 months ago): 189 Current Medications: Atorvastatin 40 mg/day Metoprolol tartrate 10 mg/twice/day
CASE STUDY QUESTIONS:
1) According to the recently released American Heart Association guidelines on hypertension, what should be the BP goal for a patient with chronic stable angina and hypertension?
2) In addition to diet and lifestyle modifications, what is the medication of choice to control the BP of a patient with chronic stable angina? Provide rationale
3) Provide at least 3 (questions) you would ask your patient RELATED to the case presented and provide rationale.
4) Please explain whether you would request any laboratory or screening tests for this patient and why (if any)
5) How would you achieve the B/P goal recommended for this patient according to the guidelines provided above?
6) Provide References in APA style
Case Studies A 21-year-old male noted pain in his right testicle while studying hard for his midterm college examinations. On self-examination, he noted a “grape sized” mass in the right testicle. This finding was corroborated by his healthcare provider. This young man had a history of delayed descent of his right testicle until the age of 1 year old. Studies Results Routine laboratory studies Within normal limits (WNL) Ultrasound the testicle Solid mass, right testicle associated with calcifications HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) 550mIU/mL (normal: