Personal Philosophy of Culturally Competent Nursing
Apply a model of cultural competence to personal practice beliefs. For this assignment:
- Reflect on the 5 constructs of Campinha-Bacote’s model of The Process of Cultural Competence in the Delivery of Healthcare Services: Cultural desire, Cultural Awareness, Cultural Knowledge, Cultural Skill, and Cultural Encounters. (See Chapter 2)
- Review the Mission statements and values of St. Thomas University and its Nursing programs.
- Reflect on your learning during this course.
- Evidence of reflection on Campinha-Bacote’s cultural competency model and/or STU mission and values.
- Your personal beliefs.
- Your philosophy statement(s) related to culturally competent nursing care.
- Implementing your beliefs.
- Continuing your journey towards cultural competence.
Get Assignment Writing Help
Our experts are ready to complete your assignment, course work. essay, test, dissertation, research paper, quiz
- Your paper should be formatted per current APA 7edition and references should be current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions)
- The paper is to be clear and concise and students will lose points for improper grammar, punctuation and misspelling.
- The paper is to be no shorter than 1 pages; nor longer than 2 pages in length, excluding the title, abstract and references page.
- Incorporate a minimum of 2 current (published within last five years) scholarly journal articles or primary legal sources (statutes, court opinions) within your work. Journal articles and books should be referenced according to current APA style (the library has a copy of the APA Manual).