As you did with the U.S. Constitution assignment, you are going to read two articles about the Constitution. However, rather than critique the arguments made regarding the U.S. system, you are going to take the first step toward synthesizing an argument. 1. Read the material on synthesizing (the PowerPoint and the matrix example) included in the course just before this assignment.
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
2. Read TWO of the sources below which are on the same or similar topics (two on the legislature or on judges, for example).
3. Identify information from the two articles which would help persuade people to change the system. Identify four points to make and organize the information from both articles under the four points. Organize by point, not by source. Each article must contribute to at least two of your four points. The matrix can help organize your draft but you submit a written outline of the paper.
You are not actually writing the paper but outlining it. Clearly identify your four points and which information from each article you would use to support each point. Clearly identify whether something is your idea, was said by the author of the article, or was said by someone quoted in the article.
Use only the information from the two sources you chose. I want your analysis, not something you found on the Internet on the subject. Work alone.
2-3 pages, 12 point font, 1 inch margin all around, double-space. You don’t need a title page or Works Cited since you are only discussing the two sources which you will identify in the first paragraph or as soon as you start discussing them. Use proper American English spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and paragraphs.
1. Northern vs Southern Nevada (Links to an external site.)
2. Carson City (Links to an external site.)
3. Annual sessions bill (Links to an external site.)
4. No annual sessions (Links to an external site.)
5. Full and part-time legislatures (Links to an external site.)
6. Term limits for Nevada legislature? (Links to an external site.)
7. Problems with Nevada legislature (Links to an external site.)
8. Initiative and referendum in Nevada problems (Links to an external site.)
9. Recalling governors (Links to an external site.)
10. Recalling Sisolak (Links to an external site.)
11. Appoint or elect judges? (Links to an external site.)
12. Appoint or elect judges – Nevada? (Links to an external site.)
13. Recalling judges