QuantitativeAnalysis Report: Multiple Regression Analysis Assignment Instructions
Need assignment help for this question?
If you need assistance with writing your essay, we are ready to help you!
Youwill take part in several data analysis assignments in which you will develop areport using tables and figures from the IBM SPSS® output file ofyour results. Using the resources and readings provided, you will interpretthese results and test the hypotheses and writeup these interpretations.
· Copyand paste all tables and figures into a Word document and format the results inAPA current edition.
· Interpretyour results.
· Finalreport should be formatted using APA current edition, and in a Worddocument.
· 4-5double-spaced pages of content in length (not counting the title page orreferences).
This assignmentuses the Productivity. sav dataset. Address the following research question usinga multiple regression (MR) model. Provide all assumptions for the MR test:
RQ 8: Is there a significantpredictive relationship of employee productivity (productivity) from levels ofTeamwork (teamwork), Technical Knowledge (jobknowl), Adequate Authority to dojob well (jobauthr), Fair Treatment (wkrtrtmt), and Sick Days (wrkdyssk)?
· H08:There is no statistically significant predictive relationship of employeeproductivity (productivity) fromlevels of Teamwork (teamwork),Technical Knowledge (jobknowl),Adequate Authority to do job well (jobauthr),Fair Treatment (wkrtrtmt), and Sick Days(wrkdyssk).
· Ha8:There is a statistically significant predictive relationship of employeeproductivity (productivity) fromlevels of Teamwork (teamwork),Technical Knowledge (jobknowl),Adequate Authority to do job well (jobauthr),Fair Treatment (wkrtrtmt), and SickDays (wrkdyssk).
There areseveral assumptions for a multiple regression that must be met:
1. First, the dependent variable mustbe normally distributed. If not, it mustbe converted to z scores (see page 32-33 in Cronk).
2. To test for normal distribution,run the Shapiro-Wilk test (See TestingNormality of Dataset.pdf).
3. When you run the MultipleRegression, ensure you select options for multicollinearity and residual plots(see Cronk).
o SeeMultiple Regression Primer for SPSS.pdf.
o Acomprehensive resource to help guide you is included with the assignment Multiple Regression ComprehensiveReview.pdf.
Asdoctoral students, your assignments are expected to follow the principles ofhigh-quality scientific standards and promote knowledge and understanding inthe field of public administration. You should apply a rigorous and criticalassessment of a body of theory and empirical research, articulating what isknown about the phenomenon and ways to advance research about the topic underreview. Research syntheses should identify significant variables, a systematicand reproducible search strategy, and a clear framework for studies included inthe larger analysis.
Manuscriptsshould not be written in first person (“I”). All material should be 12-point,Times New Roman type, double-spaced with margins of one inch.
Allmanuscripts should be clearly and concisely written, with technical materialset off. Please do not use jargon, slang, idioms, colloquialisms, orbureaucratese. Use acronyms sparingly and spell them out the first time you usethem. Please do not construct acronyms from phrases you repeat frequently inthe text.
Structureof Assignment Paper
1. Usethe following structure for your research article: Abstract, Introduction,Literature Review/Theory, Methods, Results, Discussion, and Conclusion.Include a robust discussion section distinct from your conclusion.
2. Giveyour article a Title that is both descriptive and inviting toprospective readers. Your article title should appeal to both scholars andpractitioners. Use a shortened version of the main idea of your article in thetitle.
3. YourAbstract should inform readers what your article is about and its mostimportant findings. Readers, including scholars and practitioners, should beable to understand your topic, argument, and conclusions. Make your abstractstraightforward and do not use technical language or jargon.
4. Inthe Lit Review/Theory, cite only literature and theory pertinent to thespecific issue and not those that are of only tangential or generalsignificance. When summarizing earlier works, avoid nonessential details;instead, emphasize pertinent findings, relevant methodological issues, andmajor conclusions. Citation of relevant earlier literature is a sign of scholarly responsibility and it iscritical for the growth of a doctoral student in public administration.
5. Methods: The Methods section “describes indetail how the study was conducted, including conceptual and operationaldefinitions of the variables used in the study. Different types of studies willrely on different methodologies; however, a complete description of the methodsused enables the reader to evaluate the appropriateness of your methods and thereliability and the validity of your results” (APA current edition). Include a description of your sample size andprocedure, participants, how data collected, and research design.
6. Results include data analysis used,results of the analysis including tables and figures.
7. Discussion section includes interpretationsfrom the analysis. How do your analyses relate to the results found by scholarsin your lit review/theory section. In this section, evaluate and interprettheir implications, especially with respect to your original hypotheses.
8. Providea distinct Conclusion that tells readers what you found, why it isimportant, and what difference it will make for research and practice. Ensureyou separate your discussion section from the conclusion of the article.Synthesize your article; do not summarize it. Show readers how the pieces ofyour article fit together. Answer the question “So what?” Why is your articlesignificant, and how is it relevant?