1. What are some of the common concerns with regard to health information management in health information exchange, telemedicine, and the longitudinal patient record?
Get Your Custom Essay Written From Scratch
We have worked on a similar problem. If you need help click order now button and submit your assignment instructions.
Just from $13/Page
2. Select a health care setting other than a hospital. What would you expect the similarities to be between the role of the health information manager in a hospital and in one of the other health care settings? What would you expect the similarities to be between the role of the health information manager in a hospital and in one of the other health care settings? what would you aspect the difference to be?
1. If the Joint Commission requires that “the hospital initiates and maintains a medical record for every individual assessed or treated, “what factors allow a hospital to maintain minimal data, such as test results in the case of some referred outpatients?
2. Compare and contrast the fee-for-service and PFS/RBRVS reimbursement systems.
1. Why is it crucial for an MCO to conduct utilization management activities.
2. How will ACO models potentially impact MCOs in the future?
1. What factors will determine the type of health services that correctional facilities may need over the next 10 years?
2. Discuss how the mental health consumer empowerment movement may have affected development of mental health data collection systems.
1. Why does a health information manager need to be familiar with the ASAM patient Placement Criteria Manual? What is the purpose of this manual?
2. How do the services rendered to an individual in an ICF/IID differ from those in other health care settings?
1. Why is accreditation by CARF important to rehabilitative facilities and their patients? What role might the health information manager play in the CARF accreditation process for a rehabilitative facility?
2. How might the practice of health information management in various settings be affected by implementing a bundled payment system for post-acute care?
1. As home care agencies implement efficiencies to increase their potential profitability under the Medicare PPS, what are some of the issues and concerns that they face?
2. provide some of the data that can be collected by hospices.